The distinguished Minister of Education Mallam Adamu Adamu, is inviting interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the ongoing 2021/2022 Nomination Computer Based Test (CBT) for the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR SCHOLARSHIP AWARD ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Candidates for Masters Degree studies should possess a minimum of first degree with Second Class Honours Division. Candidate must be current Full-Time student of Federal or State Universities.
- All other candidates (UG, NCE & HND) must be registered full-time students in their second year or above in Federal or State Universities, Polytechnics, Monotechnics and Colleges of Education. All undergraduate Scholarship applicants (Physically challenged inclusive) must have at least 4.0 Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) on a five (5) point scale or its equivalents or 5.0 on a 7 point scale.
- All NCE and HND applicants must have a CGPA of 3.5 and above on a scale of 4.0
ALSO APPLY: SCHOLARSHIPS IN DUBAI (UAE) 2022-2023: STUDY AND LIVE IN DUBAI FOR FREE
FIELD OF STUDY TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Science and Technology
- Medicine and Para-medicals
- Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences
- Entrepreneural Studies,
- Environmental Sciences
THE FEDERAL SCHOLARSHIP BOARD OPERATES UNDER FOUR (4) DIVISIONS AS FOLLOWS:
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA)
- Nigerian Awards
- Commonwealth Scholarship & Fellowship Plan; &
- General Duties
Bilateral Education Agreement (BAE)
The Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Division of the Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) is principally charged with the duty of executing scholarship Awards between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Governments of Countries that have signed Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) with Nigeria.
The countries with Bilateral Education Agreements (BEA) with Nigeria are:
- South Korea
All these scholarship awards are leading to first degrees, Masters Degree & PhD studies. All the countries available are non-English speaking
ALSO APPLY: BRITISH COUNCIL’S GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS PROGRAM 2022-2023
The Eligibility for BEA Scholarship Awards
- POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP:
All Ph.D and Masters’ Degree candidates should hold a Masters’ Degree and First Degree with First Class (1st Class) or at least Second Class Upper (2:1) respectively. The candidates who have received any Foreign Awards previously must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practices in Nigeria and have completed N.Y.S.C. or obtained an Exemption Certificate where possible.
The Age limit for the postgraduate scholarship 35 years; the certificates they have must not be more than 5 years. A prove of the willingness of the employer to release applicant (where necessary) is very desirable.
- UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP:
All those applying for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) As or Bs in West African Examination Council (WAEC) May/ June Result including English Language and Mathematics at one seating in subjects relevant to candidates intended field of study. The Age of certificates should not be more than one (1) year for African countries and two (2) years for the European countries. The Age limit of the candidates is 18 to 20 years old. FIND MORE DETAILS HERE
The Nigeria Award is a Federal Government Scholarship policy measure and programmes intended to argument formal education for national, economic and scientific Development of Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The scholarship programmes that covered by the Federal Scholarship scheme tenable in Nigeria Tertiary Institutions are:
- Postgraduate (PG) Award
- Undergraduate (UG) Award
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Award
- National Certificate in Education (NCE) Award
- Physically challenge Award
Click here for more detail
CHECK THIS: CANADIAN SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS – FULLY FUNDED
Commonwealth Scholarship & Fellowship Plan
The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) was introduced in 1959 to give applied communication to the declared intention of Commonwealth nations to contribute to the provision of advanced education and training by sharing their institution resources and facilities. Since inception, it has been managed by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC), London, United Kingdom (UK). This scholarship is a yearly Programme mainly for PostGraduate applicants, that is, Masters and Doctoral. Click here for more
The General Duties (GD) Division of the Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) is primarily burdened with the responsibility of Administrative duties of the Board, Organizing Coordinating Committee Meeting (CCM) of Federal and States Secretaries of Scholarship Board, Coordinates the Zonal offices of the Board that are in Six (6) geo political zones namely; North Central (Minna), North West (Gusau), North East (Bauchi), South South (Port-Harcourt), South East (Enugu), and South West (Akure) and Presidential Special Scholarship Awards to NYSC EX-Corps and PRESSID which is Presidential Special Scholarship for Innovation and Development, to study Masters’ Degree up to PhD level in top 25 University in the World which was inherited from National Universities Commission (NUC). The scholarship awards are leading to Masters and PhD studies.
All qualified applicants are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website education.gov.ng and click on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the Examination slip.
- Double Entries will be disqualified!
- Letter of Admission to the Institution
- Current School’s Identity Card
NOTE: Come with one set of completed online printed form at the venue of the interviews