The Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships for International Students in the UK is Scottish Government programme, in collaboration with Scottish universities through which they are offering scholarships to citizens of selected countries who wish to study full-time Masters degrees fully delivered in Scottish universities, in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy.
This scholarship is an incredible opportunity to study in a country with world-leading universities and a long tradition of academic excellence. Saltire Scholars will also be provided with the opportunity to take part in a programme of activities over and above their studies, including dialogue with the academic and business community in Scotland and even beyond.
Chosen scholars are people who aspire to become influential leaders in their future careers. They are scholars who have wide ranging interests outside their academic careers and as well desire to broaden their personal and academic experience in Scotland.
The following Scotland’s higher education institutions are eligible:
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU)
- Glasgow School of Art (GSA)
- Heriot-Watt University
- Open University
- Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
- Robert Gordon University
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- SRUC Scotland’s Rural College
- The University of Edinburgh
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Dundee
- University of Glasgow
- University of St Andrews
- University of Stirling
- University of Strathclyde
- University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI)
- University of the West of Scotland
Eligible Programmes for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships for International Students in the UK
Masters degree in science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, or renewable and clean energy offered at Scottish Universities. Distance learning courses are also eligible.
Each scholar is entitled to £8000 to be used towards tuition fees for the duration of 1 year of full time study on a postgraduate Masters programme at any of the eligible Scotland’s higher education institutions.
It is expected that students are to take responsibility of any additional cost during the duration of their studies.
For you to be qualified for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships for International Students in the UK, you must:
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China)
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course that will be delivered physically in Scotland or via distance online learning or via a combination of both
- Be able to demonstrate that you can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship
- Not have previously studied in Scotland
- Meet the language requirements of the course
In order to apply for a Saltire Scholarship, candidates must meet all the eligibility requirements listed above. The scholarship application form must be submitted online and should include your unique reference number you will have received in the offer letter from your Scottish university. Read more…