Scotland’s Saltire International Scholarship is sponsored by the Scottish Government, in collaboration with Scottish universities. The scholarship is offered to citizens of eligible countries who wish to study full-time Masters degree courses in Scottish universities, in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy.
The scholarship is competitive and only offered to students who aspire to become influential leaders and who have wide range of interests outside their areas of study, and also desire to widen their personal and academic experience in Scotland.
Scotland’s Saltire International Scholarship is an incredible opportunity to for international students to study in a country with world-leading universities and a long tradition of academic excellence.
Recipient of this scholarship can study in of the designated Scotland’s higher education institutions listed below:
- Abertay University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU)
- Glasgow School of Art (GSA)
- Heriot-Watt University
- Open University
- Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
- Robert Gordon University
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- SRUC Scotland’s Rural College
- The University of Edinburgh
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Dundee
- University of Glasgow
- University of St Andrews
- University of Stirling
- University of Strathclyde
- University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI)
- University of the West of Scotland
Apply for UNEATLANTICO Merit and Academic Excellence Scholarship.
Which Course can I study with my Scotland’s Saltire International Scholarship?
The scholarship is for scholars of full-time Masters degree courses taught in Scottish universities, in the areas of Science, Technology, Creative Industries, Healthcare and Medical Sciences, and Renewable and Clean Energy.
Which Country can apply for the Scholarship?
Citizens of the following countries can apply: Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan and USA.
Up to 50 scholarships will be awarded and each is worth £8000 paid towards tuition fees for the duration of 1 year of full time study duration.
The student shall be responsible for any additional costs and expenses.
What are the Eligibility Requirements
For you to be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a national of an eligible country.
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course that will be delivered physically in Scotland or via distance online learning or via a combination of both.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Be able to demonstrate that you can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Not have previously studied in Scotland.
- Prove that you:
- have interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university
- are aspiring to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career
- have the willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the programme of activities that accompanies the scholarships
- Complete an application form and submit it by the closing date.
Application for this scholarship is made online. Therefore, if you meet all the eligibility requirements, go to the Official Website for your application.
31 May 2022.
See University of Birmingham Global Masters Scholarship 2022/2023.