Named a Fortune Magazine Top 100 Places to Work for in 2014, Mercedes-Benz employs over 22,000 workers at dealerships throughout the United States. As demands for luxury automobiles grows, employment opportunities continue to flourish.
Facts About Working at Mercedes-Benz
Minimum Age to Work at Mercedes-Benz: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Mercedes Benz?).
Mercedes-Benz Hours of Operation: Mon: 9:00am-9:00pm; Tues-Wed: 9:00am-6:00pm; Thu: 9:00am-9:00pm; Fri-Sat: 9:00am-6:00pm; Sun 12:00pm-5:00pm
Available Positions at Mercedes-Benz: Sales Associate, Technical Services Manager, Service Advisor, Service Technician, Tire Change Technician, Car Washer, Car Detailer, Parts Inventory Associate, Parts Inventory Driver, Internal Service Consultant, Automotive Technician, Automotive Mechanic, Driving Coach Supervisor, Automotive Detailer, Communications and Training Manager, Internet Sales Professional, Meetings and Events Specialist, Automotive Parts Counter Person, Field Operations Manager, Fixed Operations Director, Used Car Manager, Retail Performance Specialist, Logistics Specialist, Graphic Designer, Porter, Delivery Truck Driver.
Mercedes-Benz Dealership Job Opportunities
The family-like teams of employees at Mercedes-Benz dealerships embody the same innovative spirit, passionate performance, and design sensibilities which drive the success of the company. Diverse associates collaborate to pioneer new standards of quality customer service by using unique skills and experiences to enrich the workplace and deliver unmatched car-buying experiences. Hardworking employees committed to exceptional performance may find unlimited professional growth potential within the company.
Workers at Mercedes-Benz dealerships represent the brand to customers seeking to buy luxury cars, by demonstrating highly professional attitudes. Staff members in roles such as sales representatives and service technicians enjoy challenging work environments, building relationships with customers, and providing high-quality service to all makes and models of luxury vehicles. Career development plans help workers put job aspirations into action by offering individuals the opportunities to learn new skills and refine professional abilities in order to proceed along desired career paths.
Mercedes-Benz Employment and Salary Package Information
Entry-level positions such as sales representatives and service technicians frequently become available at local dealerships. Interested individuals may find more information regarding job descriptions and salary information below.
- Sales representatives guide customers through the process of purchasing luxury cars, such as sedans, sport, or utility vehicles.
- Associates must present excellent communication abilities, friendly attitudes, and customer service skills.
- Typical duties include assisting customers with questions related to Mercedes-Benz vehicles and service packages, riding along on test drives and handling demonstrations, and encouraging additional sales of vehicle options and warranties.
- Preferred candidates hold high school diplomas, valid driver’s licenses, and previous sales experience.
- Based on sales and commission, employees may earn yearly salary options topping $60,000 to $70,000, including performance-based bonuses.
- Service technicians often make between $15.00 to $25.00 an hour depending on experience and level of education.
- Daily responsibilities such as inspecting customer vehicles to find problems and performing repairs require employees to possess good oral communication abilities and maintain positive customer experiences.
- Workers must follow safety guidelines and maintain clean work areas.
- Preferred employees hold previous auto repair experience, high school-level educations, and technical certifications.
Tips For Applying
Common ways to apply for jobs at Mercedes-Benz dealerships include filling out and submitting online applications, emailing resumes to recruiters, and conducting face-to-face visits at retail locations. Online applications exist on dealership websites and typically ask for personal information, work history, and level of education. Resumes should include relevant information with keywords matching job descriptions. When visiting dealerships to speak to managers, dress appropriately and prepare for brief interviews.
Individuals wishing to check on application statuses may find calling dealerships to speak to management most effective. In-person visits and email messages also remain appropriate methods of communication. Candidates should call or visit during business hours and remain professional at all times when interacting with potential employers.
Benefits of Employment at Mercedes-Benz
As a leader in luxury, Mercedes-Benz offers generous compensation packages for dedicated associates. Typical employee benefits for full-time workers include:
- Medical insurance, dental coverage, vision care
- Life insurance, disability plans, and flexible spending accounts.
- Employer-matched 401(k) plans
- Pet insurance
- Paid time off for holidays
- Paid vacation, and
- Performance-based raises and bonuses also remain available.
More Info regarding Mercedes-Benz
Mercedes-Benz supports the charitable efforts of the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation, which uses sports as a conduit for social change. By promoting quality sports opportunities to disenfranchised children around the world, the company makes a positive impact on the health, well-being, and self-esteem of youth. In 2011, the luxury automotive company celebrated 125 years of business by performing 125 acts of giving, including partnerships with the Cookies for Cancer foundation, which sells cookies to raise money for pediatric cancer therapy research.