The Niger Delta Development Commission awards the NDDC Scholarship to students from oil producing states who are enrolled in an accredited State University, College, or federal University in Nigeria, or outside Nigeria. Read on to see How to Apply for NDDC Scholarship.
The scholarship pays for all of the student’s expenditures, including tuition, books, and room and board.
Reviving the program is a wise move that demonstrates this government is sympathetic to the basic desires of kids in the region. The scholarship provides significant aid to Niger Delta undergraduates who cannot afford to pay for their education.
I well realize the impact the scholarship will have on young people in the region seeking financial aid for their education at home or abroad as a NNPC/SPDC scholar. Back then, despite the fact that it was quite competitive, we lived for such fantastic prospects.
The NDDC scholarship program is an essential component of the Commission’s core mandate to provide Niger Deltan youths with the training and skills they need to effectively participate in the development of the local oil and gas industry and compete internationally in a variety of professional fields.
Students seeking an undergraduate degree at any recognized college or university in Nigeria are eligible to apply for the NDDC scholarship. All applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, or country of origin, are eligible for the NDDC Scholarship Program, but the program is primarily for residents of Delta State.
Also Visit: Fully Funded Scholarships in Czech Republic For International Students 2023/2024
Who is Eligible?
- Candidates must be citizens of Nigeria, residents of Delta State, and have lived in Nigeria for at least five years.
- 1. As of January 1, 2014, candidates must be between the ages of 17 and 23 (inclusive).
- 2. must not have a criminal record or be convicted of any violation involving moral turpitude, and they must be enrolled in a full course load at a recognized university in Nigeria.
- 3. The applicant must not have previously received a scholarship from the NDDC and must be in excellent academic standing with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent) for their first-degree program.
- 4. Applicants must be able to show documentation of their secondary school diploma or its equivalent (General Certificate of Education, GCE; National Examination Council, NECO; West African Examination Council, WAEC)
- 5. Be prepared to submit to a background investigation and sign NDDC’s Confidentiality Agreement.
- 6. Applicants must be prepared to take part in a brief interview and the orientation program.
- 7. Candidates must be prepared to sign the NDDC’s Service Contract.
- 8. Neither must have a criminal background nor should they submit applications without certified copies of their police clearance certificates.
- 9. Candidates cannot have engaged in any political or illegal action.
- 10. Candidates cannot be known to belong to any political party.
- 11. must have at least a Second Class Upper grade, or its equivalent, in order to be a postgraduate.
- 12. Candidates must be in good physical and mental health.
ALSO READ: Fully Funded Scholarships in Denmark For International Students 2023/2024
- 1. First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class-Lower division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Programme: The Program is for MSC only.
- 2. Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a Foreign University.
- 3. Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas’ Universities are NOT eligible to apply.
- 4. Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered.
- 5. Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
- 6. Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s Community/Clan.
7. Member of National Assembly/State House of Assembly
- * Chairman of LGA
- * First Class Traditional ruler
- * High Court Judge
Candidates should be:
between the ages of 25 and 45, single parents. Students enrolling full-time in a graduate program, a trade school, a technical school, a community college, or an approved 4-year institution or university.
How to Apply
- establishing an account on the NDDC website
- complete the online scholarship application
- 1. an essay on a topic of their choice. There should be 600 to 800 words in the essay.
- A transcript,
- 2. a letter of recommendation from an adult who is not a relative,
- 3. a list of extracurricular activities, and
- 4. an official copy of their high school diploma are other requirements for applicants.
5. In accordance with their answers to the online profile’s questions about themselves and their kid with Down syndrome, applicants will be immediately considered for all of NDDC’s scholarships.
read: NNPC-TOTAL Scholarship 2022 For Nigerian Undergraduates | Apply Now
Awarded Scholarship: $1,000 (N500,000)
Advantages of the NDDC Scholarship
Regardless of race, religion, or nationality, the award is available to any high school graduates who graduate in June and plan to enroll in college for the autumn semester. A guaranteed $2,500 scholarship award is one of the advantages of the NDDC scholarship.
The maximum length of the NDDC scholarship is three years. Renewal is predicated on maintaining the necessary GPA to keep receiving scholarship prizes as well as good academic standing.
NDDC Postgraduate Scholarship Courses
- 1. Agriculture
- 2. law
- 3. Education
- 4. engineering Sciences
- 5. Geosciences
- 6. Humanities
- 7. Information Technology
- 8. Management Sciences
- 9. Medicine
click the page @ https://www.nddc.gov.ng/ for more information.