There are lots of things that the Canadian Designated Learning Institutions can offer international students who desire to pursue their study in Canada.
The Canadian Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) are schools designed for international students and all primary and secondary schools in Canada are DLI. However, it’s not all the post-secondary schools in Canada that are DLI. It’s important to find out if your prefer university in Canada is among the many certified Canadian Designated Learning Institutions.
All DLIs are certified by Canada’s provincial government to enrol international students. This means that the people who are desiring to pursue their studies in Canada can simply show a Letter of Acceptance as proof from a Designated Learning Institution in Canada for them to get a Canadian study permit.
Before you can purse your preferred university’s degree in Canada as an international student, you must have been accepted by Designated Learning Institution.
Every Designated Learning Institution has a unique DLI number that can be seen in the recipient’s study permit application form. So, your DLI number is the number on your study application form that starts with the letter “O”.
How do you check if a school is certified in Canada as a Designated Learning Institution?
Follow the following process as it will guide you on how to confirm if a school is accredited as a Designated Learning Institution in Canada:
1. You’re to visit the Canada official government website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html
2. You’ve to choose a Canadian province or territory of your choice.
3. You’ve to check through the list of Designated Learning Institutions within that province or territory.
How do you get a Canadian Study Permit?
• Apply for a designated learning Institution to study in Canada.
• After you are admitted, apply for a study permit from the IRCC (Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada) that will allow you to carry out your studies in Canada.
• Once you get your study permit, you can now make decision whether to switch between Designated Learning Institutions, programs, field of study, or level of study without having to apply for a new study permit.
• For you to do this, there is a need to contact the IRCC with the intention to change institution while making sure that your new choice of institution is a Designated Learning Institution in Canada.
In regard to the acceptance of your transfer request, reach out to IRCC by informing them of your current change of institution. You can do this online via your MCIC account.